Thursday, September 17, 2009

More thoughts on work...

I have been collecting my favorite quotes about work for years. My labor day post, a couple of weeks ago, got me thinking about them again, and I decided I wanted to post my favorites all in one place. So...

“Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that the power to work is a blessing, that the love of work is success”– David O. McKay


Doing nothing is the hardest work of all. -old saying



“When I work I relax; doing nothing or entertaining visitors makes me tired.” -Pablo Picasso

“Work isn't to make money; you work to justify life.” -Marc Chagall







“If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” -Michelangelo



Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -Thomas Edison







“Work is not a curse but a blessing...

One of the best ways I know to enjoy life is to learn to love work…

“Instead of thinking of our daily work as an imposition, we should think of it as an opportunity.” -Elder David E. Sorensen

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love your collected quotes. Work brings satisfaction and happiness. I just have to keep reminding myself of that when I get overwhelmed. ;)

I believe in Jesus Christ.